Notifications From Online Manual
Subscribing to a Topic
There are two ways you can use to subscribe to a topic:
- When you are posting a Reply, under Attachments and other options, you may check the "Notify me of replies" box.
- When you are viewing the topic, you may select the Notify button at the top or the bottom of the page. You will be asked if you are sure, select OK to confirm the subscription.
Subscribing to a Board
To subscribe to a board, you may select the Notify button at the top or the bottom of the Message index of the respective board.
Unsubscribing from a Topic or Board
Once you have subscribed to a topic or a board, you may manage your subscriptions in your profile, under Modify Profile > Notifications.
On the Notifications page, you will be presented with a list of every topic and board you have subscribed to. To unsubscribe from topics or boards, check the boxes for the respective topics and boards and then select Unsubscribe.
To quickly unsubscribe from a topic or a board, you may select the Unnotify button while you are in the message index of the topic or board that you wish to unsubscribe from.
SMF is capable of sending e-mails for subscriptions. You can change the settings for this feature in your profile, under Modify Profile > Notifications. The following settings are available:
- Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email. If the Administrator has enabled Newsletters in the News and Newsletters section, any Newsletters sent out by the forum will be sent to your e-mail inbox. Any Announcements will also be sent to your inbox.
- Enable notification when I post or reply to a topic. If this setting is enabled, you will automatically be subscribed to any topic you reply to or post yourself.
- When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please do not reply to these emails). If this setting is enabled and you subscribe to a topic, SMF will copy the contents of the new reply into the e-mail.
- For topics and boards from which I have requested notification, notify me: This setting changes the timespan of when e-mails will be sent out by the forum. Possible options are:
- Instantly (but only for the first unread reply)
- For topics and boards from which I have requested notification, notify me of: This setting changes when SMF will send e-mail notifications to you. Possible options are:
- Replies and Moderation
- Moderation (only if I started the topic)
- Only replies
- Nothing at all