Difference between revisions of "Membergroup (term)" From Online Manual
m (Added a link, small changes to writing structure.)
m (moved Membergroup to Membergroup (term): This is just the definition of the term, suitable for use in tooltips. It does not tell how to use membergroups)
Revision as of 09:34, 1 September 2011
Every member of a forum belongs to a membergroup. A membergroup consists of members that you pick the members to be a part of and you choose the permissions allowed to the membergroup.
There are two types of membergroups:
- Post-Count based membergroup - Where the member's post count determines the membergroup into which the member is placed.
- Regular membergroup - Where allowed members can assign or remove themselves or other members from the group. There are 5 types of regular membergroups:
- Private - Membership must be assigned by a member with the appropriate permission
- Protected - Only administrators can manage and assign
- Requestable - Member may request membership
- Free - Member may leave and join group at will
- Post Based - Member will automatically join this group after making a specified number of posts.