Board Permissions - Limit posting location for newbies
From Online Manual
Some Administrators like to limit what board new users can post in until they get to a certain post count. Many find it difficult to figure-out how to do this. Hopefully, the following steps will be helpful in figuring this out:
- A board needs to be created or an existing one can be used.
- Remove all posting and reply permissions from the "Regular members" group.
- Enable permissions for post count based groups, following the directions here
- Set up at least two post-count based groups, one for members with zero posts and another for members with more then one post.
- In the post-count based group for members with more then one post, assign permissions to this group to allow posting and replies. But, do not allow posting and replies in the zero post-count group
- Now is the time to create a permission profile for the board for which you want to restrict the users. Take a look at this for instructions on how to create the profile. In this profile be sure to allow the 0 post count group to be able to post and/or reply. If using SMF v2.*, remember to assign the profile to the proper board by editing the board.
After you have completed these steps, you will have set things up so that those in a post-count based group with more than one post can create new topics and reply to topics in all boards, but those that do not have one or more posts will not be able to post in any other board than the one with the profile assigned to it. It will be necessary to give posting permissions to the other post count based groups if more then two groups exist.