From Online Manual
You can only issue a warning if an administrator has enabled the warning system.
Issuing a Warning
Issuing a warning reduces a user's privileges on a forum. The higher the warning, the greater this reduction will be.
To warn a user, simply click their username. You will come to their profile summary. In the "Actions" menu, click "Issue a warning". You will come to a page that has some information, as well as a few options:
- Member Name - The name of the member to be warned.
- Warning Level - This is the level of warning that you wish to give them. Click either the plus or minus signs or somewhere on the white bar to raise or lower their warning percentage. Setting this to zero will remove the warning.
- Reason for Warning - This field is required. Put a reason for why this member is being warned. This is displayed to the rest of the moderators.
- Send a Notification - If this box is checked, a private message will be sent to the user informing them why have been warned.
The warning system can be configured from the administration center. Moderation options are found at Admin panel / Security and Moderation / Moderation
When you come to this screen, you will see the following options:
- Warning level for user watch - This is the percentage of warning that requires a user watch. A user watch puts every watched user in the moderator panel. Every time a watched member logs in or posts, it is documented here. More info at mod panel doc
- Warning level for post moderation - This will force a moderator to approve each post made by the offender.
- Warning level for for user muting - The most severe of warning levels. This will not allow the member to post any further, until his warning level decreases (if enabled).
- Maximum user warning points per day - This sets the maximum amount of points a member can acquire in one day, from any single moderator. Administrators are excluded from this restriction.
- Warning points to decrement from users every 24 hours - If enabled, this will cause a member's points do decrease by the amount set per 24 hours.
- Show warning status to all users - Having this option checked will show a member's warning level to everybody else.
The forum Administrator can configure settings related to the warning system in the administration panel on the Security and Moderation Page.