From Online Manual
Sites with good homepages
http://www.invisionpower.com/ - more colour.
http://wordpress.org/ - The 3 step intro is awesome!
http://www.3magine.com - For the plain awesomeness of the slider and the other animations (the bottom stuff animating in as you scroll is just... awesome!)
- Install - Convert - Customise - Support - Development
Pages that are good
http://download.simplemachines.org/testimonials.php - needs made into a small box on homepage.
Pages that need a rethink
- http://download.simplemachines.org/requirements.php (send to somewhere else, I doubt anyone reads it)
- http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/ (Its in SMF :S)
- Dev Packages - move out of normal download stuff
- http://download.simplemachines.org/?smflanguages - Only show 100% translations, open up for anyone to help?
- http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters - Needs a little work and versions, logos?
- http://www.simplemachines.org/about/ Less focus on the past and future, more focus on what SMF is. Rethink the navigation, focus less on the NPO and more on what matters.
- http://www.simplemachines.org/charter/ Needs to be more selling. How about a nice comparison chart of what you get as a normal member vs charter member? Clearer and prettier sign up button, I could barely find it.
Pages that need killed
- http://download.simplemachines.org/?bridges (all out of date?)
- http://download.simplemachines.org/?tools (shift into a tools kit rather than seperate? Like phpBB support framework script)
- http://download.simplemachines.org/?archive - hide it somewhere, probably doesn't get used.
Full Install ~ Webinstall ~ Upgrade
Simplify, offer just the zip, make Webinstall.php the primary method?, Upgrade only - update can be done by package manager packages.
Choose a platform, heres your file, no lists, zip only.
Languages, Mods, Themes, Smileys!
Roadmap, git status.
Merge in the contribute section here since they're kind of the same in the end? Maybe rename the entire dev section to Contribute instead?