One of my members forgot his/her password. How can I retrieve it From Online Manual

Revision as of 10:50, 13 October 2013 by Illori (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

All passwords are encrypted for security reasons and cannot be retrieved, however, they can be changed or reset in the event that a password is forgotten.

Selecting the Forgot your password? link on the login page will display the Authentication Reminder box, enabling the member to change their email address or reset their password. After entering their username or their email address the member is presented with two options:

• Email me a new password – the member enters their forum profile email address, the member will then receive an automated email with a link that will enable them to login and access their profile to change their password.
  • Let me set a new password by entering my “secret question” – the member enters the answer to their secret question and their new password in the appropriate fields, the member is now able to access their profile and change their email address.

As a quick fix an administrator can change a members password or email address within the account related settings section of the members profile.

Advertisement: