One of my members forgot his/her password. How can I retrieve it: Difference between revisions From Online Manual

Jump to: navigation, search
mNo edit summary
mNo edit summary

(2 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
All passwords are encrypted for security reasons and cannot be retrieved, however, they can be changed or reset in the event that a password has been forgotten.
All passwords are encrypted for security reasons and cannot be retrieved. However, they can be changed or reset in the event that a password has been forgotten.

Selecting the ''Forgot your password?'' link on the [[login]] page will display the ''Authentication Reminder'' box, enabling the [[member]] to enter their username or email address, so that they can reset their password.
Selecting the ''Forgot your password?'' link on the [[login]] page will display the ''Authentication Reminder'' box, enabling the [[member]] to enter their username or email address, so that they can reset their password.
Line 5: Line 5:
After entering their username or their email address the member is presented with two options:  
After entering their username or their email address the member is presented with two options:  

*'''Email me a new password''' – the member enters their forum [[profile]] email address, and will then receive an automated email which includes a link that will enable them to login and access their profile to change their password.
*'''Email me a new password''' – the member enters their forum [[profile]] email address, and will then receive an automated email which includes a link that will enable them to change their password, so that they can log in.
*'''Let me set a new password by entering my [[Profile#Account_Settings|“secret question”]]''' – the member enters the answer to their secret question and their new password in the appropriate fields. The member is now able to access their profile and change their email address.
*'''Let me set a new password by entering my [[Profile#Account_Settings|“secret question”]]''' – the member enters the answer to their secret question and their new password in the appropriate fields. The member is now able to log in.

As a quick fix an [[administrator]] can change a member's password or email address within the [[Profile#Account Settings|account related settings]] section of the member's profile.
As a quick fix, an [[administrator]] can change a member's password within the [[Profile#Account Settings|account related settings]] section of the member's profile.

<noinclude>[[category:FAQ]]</noinclude>
<noinclude>[[category:FAQ]]</noinclude>

Latest revision as of 23:10, 30 March 2015

All passwords are encrypted for security reasons and cannot be retrieved. However, they can be changed or reset in the event that a password has been forgotten.

Selecting the Forgot your password? link on the login page will display the Authentication Reminder box, enabling the member to enter their username or email address, so that they can reset their password.

• Email me a new password – the member enters their forum profile email address, and will then receive an automated email which includes a link that will enable them to change their password, so that they can log in.
  • Let me set a new password by entering my “secret question” – the member enters the answer to their secret question and their new password in the appropriate fields. The member is now able to log in.

As a quick fix, an administrator can change a member's password within the account related settings section of the member's profile.

Advertisement: