Installation - How do I install a theme From Online Manual
To change the appearance of your forum, you can install a new theme. To obtain a new theme, follow the steps outlined below:
- Backup your database and files.
- Go to the SMF theme site. Choose a theme that is compatible with your version of SMF. Download the theme to your desktop computer.
- Go to the Themes and layout section of your SMF admin panel. At the bottom of the page you will see the "Install a New Theme" section. Click "Choose", which is next to "From a file" to open a dialogue box.
- Within this box, find the theme you have just downloaded and click the "Install" button.
- An alert will pop up. Confirm that you want to install the theme.
- Your theme is installed.
- In "Themes and layout", next to "Overall forum default:", select this theme's name. It will become the new default theme for your site.
Once you have completed this process, and you are happy with the appearance of your forum, remember to backup.
Alternative ways to install a new theme can be found here: Install a New Theme