How to put the forum in maintenance mode and back From Online Manual
Maintenance mode is one of the General Server settings on the Administration panel. It is often used during forum maintenance, or when installing or uninstalling forum modifications or themes.
How to Put The Forum in Maintenance Mode
- Go to Administration > Configuration > Server Settings > General. To get there, follow these steps:
- Log into your forum and select "Admin" from the navigation menu.
- From the "Configuration" section of the administration panel, select Server Settings.
- Choose the General tab.
- Check the box labelled Enable Maintenance Mode.
- Change the Subject for display Maintenance.
- If you wish, you may change the Message for display, so that all guests and members will see the message you have entered.
- Click the save button.
How to Take the Forum Out of Maintenance Mode
- Go to Administration > Configuration > Server Settings > General
- Uncheck the box labelled Enable Maintenance Mode
- Click the save button
How to Set Maintenance Mode without Logging into the Forum
- Log in to your forum's control panel
- Go to your file manager
- Find the directory that your forum's files are in. This could be public_html, www, or several other places, depending on your host.
- Find the file Settings.php and make a back-up copy of it, just in case you make a mistake while editing it.
- Open the file Settings.php for editing
- Find $maintenance in the file. Here are the settings you can use:
- maintenance = 0; -- Out of Maintenance mode.
- maintenance = 1; -- In Maintenance mode.
- maintenance = 2; -- Generates a white page.
- Save the file by clicking Save Changes.