Hosting - How do I move my SMF forum to a different host: Difference between revisions From Online Manual

Jump to: navigation, search
No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
The move consists in 2 steps:
*'''Step 1''' - Move the public html files of the board (these are the files in your board install dir). Either download them to your pc, then upload them again on the new host. In case the url or server path settings change, adapt all board settings to the new url and server path names. The [[repair_settings.php]] tool can do most of the work for you automatically.
*'''Step 1''' - Move the public html files of the board (these are the files in your board install dir). Either download them to your pc, then upload them again on the new host. In case the url or server path settings change, adapt all board settings to the new url and server path names. The [[repair_settings.php]] tool can do most of the work for you automatically. Although, you'll may well need to change the paths that some of your custom themes will rely on. To change those, go to your admin panel>Themes and Layout>Theme settings and, right at the bottom of the page, click "Attempt to reset all themes".

*'''Step 2''' - Move your db data from the old host to the new host. Use these FAQs for moving your db structure and data: [[How do I save my SMF board]]? and [[How do I restore the database data]]?
*'''Step 2''' - Move your db data from the old host to the new host. Use these FAQs for moving your db structure and data: [[How do I save my SMF board]]? and [[How do I restore the database data]]?

<noinclude>[[Category:FAQ]]</noinclude>
<noinclude>[[Category:FAQ]]</noinclude>

Revision as of 10:00, 16 April 2012

• Step 1 - Move the public html files of the board (these are the files in your board install dir). Either download them to your pc, then upload them again on the new host. In case the url or server path settings change, adapt all board settings to the new url and server path names. The repair_settings.php tool can do most of the work for you automatically. Although, you'll may well need to change the paths that some of your custom themes will rely on. To change those, go to your admin panel>Themes and Layout>Theme settings and, right at the bottom of the page, click "Attempt to reset all themes".

Advertisement: