Help talk:Linking to terms From Online Manual

Revision as of 18:27, 3 December 2010 by AngelinaBelle (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

I agree we need this, and we need some set of "how to document" documentation that will link to this. --AngelinaBelle 00:08, 2 December 2010 (EST)

I would totally agree, most of them are remnants from the old past where we had every single word linked basically :P
If you see any of my imports with "DIRTY IMPORT" it usually means horrible HTML and links stuffed in. Trekkie101 06:14, 2 December 2010 (EST)
Angleina, I agree with that as well. For now, I am going to keep going with some stubs because I don't have the time to create a proper page.--Groundup 19:39, 2 December 2010 (EST)
When you've got a bunch of stubs, you can transclude them all onto one "Terms" page. Later, you can build it the way you want it. --AngelinaBelle 13:27, 3 December 2010 (EST)
<div style="background-color:lightgray;"> ====Linking to terms==== {{Help:Linking to terms}} </div>

Linking to terms

When we create pages, there are often times terms that we would like to define with definitions on other wiki pages. For instance forum or member. Please use them wisely. Remember your audience. If you're directing documentation at developer's of customizations, it only serves to complicate the documentation by having links back to "forum" on the page. So, here goes a simple rule:

Link back to terms that relate to the level of user you're documenting for.

Advertisement: