How to change your username
From Online Manual
How to Change Your Username
Note that this function is only available to administrators
In the event that you wish to change your own username, or the username of one of the members of your forum, you need to follow these steps in order listed below:
- Go to the Profile of the user that wishes to have their username changed
- Select Account Settings to find the username.
- Under the username you want to alter select change. You will receive the following message:
To change this member's username, the forum must also reset their password, which will be emailed to the member with their new username.
If you are changing your own username, you need to follow these steps:
- After you change the username, you need to type in your current password then select change profile.
- Log into your e-mail account which you used when setting up your account.
- Select the e-mail from your forum which will give you your new password, and follow the link back to your forum, or you can go to your forum directly, and re-type your new username, and the password you received in the e-mail.
- After logging in with your new username, return to Account Settings.
- Choose a new password for yourself. After you have chosen a new password you need to type in the password which was sent to you in the e-mail, and then select change profile to finish the process.
If you are changing the username of a member of your forum, you need only to change the username as described above, save the page, and then type in your account password on the next page. The member then follows the procedure outlined above with their own account to make the necessary changes to their Account Settings.